Roles determine which Conductor features a User has access to by granting them a set of rights.
All sites have a Role called "Admin" that grants a default set of rights.
New Roles can be created and then applied to Users.
For example, a site may need to hire a temporary worker to enter Events for a semester. A Conductor admin for the website can can create a Role that grants that temporary worker access to Events, but not the remainder of the Conductor interface.
Adding a New Role
On the Roles page:
- Select "Add New Role" button
- Define the rights for the Role by checking the box beside each appropriate option
- Select "Save."
- Manage Databases: Allows user to manage database content.
- Manage Events: Allows user to manage events, including creating and deleting. This also includes managing calendars.
- Manage Information Architecture: Allows user to add top-level pages.
- Manage News: Allows user to manage news articles, including creating and deleting. This also includes managing categories.
- Manage Pages: Allows user to fully manage pages--create, edit, delete and publish.
- Manage Password Protection: Allows user to add, remove, and update password protection information.
- Manage Redirects: Allows user to manage redirects--create, edit, and delete.
- Manage Site Configuration: Allows user to manage the site-wide configuration settings
- Manage Users: Allows user to fully manage users and roles. This means they can active and inactivate other users and change the rights associated with roles.