Captions can be added to images to display a photo credit or provide other information about the image.
Note: Caption styling may not be in place for some websites. To incorporate proper caption styles into a site, contact the Web Team.
Captions can be added to previously inserted images, or they can be added when an image is inserted.
Captioning Existing Images
On the Editing Page for a specific page:
- Select the "Source" button.
- Locate the image to be captioned in the HTML code.
- Look for the following syntax: <p class='image-right'><img src="/assets/100000/example.jpg"></p>
- Locate the closing paragraph tag: "</p>"
- Insert caption text immediately before the closing paragraph tag.
- Code after adding a caption: <p class='image-right'><img src="/assets/100000/example.jpg">Caption text belongs here.</p>