Use Import Requests to ask the administrators of a specific Conductor-based website to import an event from another Conductor-based website.
When an import request is made, the administrators of the website on the receiving end of the request are notified when they next login to Conductor. The admins then have the option to approve the request and import the event or, deny the request.
Sending an Import Request
- Select “Events” in the navigation.
- Locate the event that will be submitted top another site for consideration.
- Select the “Request Import” button for that event.
Now, on the "Submit Events to Sites" page:
- Select all sites to which the import request should be submitted.
- Select the “Submit Event for Import” button.
Note: Only websites which have added this website as a Content Source Site are available in this list. To submit events to a website that is not currently available, contact a Conductor administrator for that website and request that they add the site ss a Content Source Site.
Import Requests Page
After an import request is sent, the “Request Import” button on the Events page will read “Import Requests” for as long as there are pending requests. The Import Requests page shows details about pending requests, including an option to cancel pending requests.
Reviewing Incoming Requests
When an import request is made, the administrators of the website on the receiving end of the request are notified when they next login to Conductor. The admins then have the option to approve the request and import the event, or deny the request.
Reviewing Import Requests
- Select “Import Requests” from the dropdown menu under “Events.”
- Select "Pending Event Import Requests" from the Notifications area on the Dashboard.
Now, on the "Event Import Requests" page:
- Select “Review” for the event being reviewed.
Now, on the "Review for Import" page:
- Select “Accept,” or “Deny."
When the event is accepted, it is immediately copied as an event to the website and the Editing Event page for that item is displayed.
Now, on the Editing Event page:
- Make any necessary adjustments to the details of the event.
- For example: Check any relevant Calendars. (Calendars are site-specific, so this information will not come over during an import.)